Tap Forms Organizer 5 Database
Your digital filing cabinet for life’s scattered details. Now with macOS Mojave and Scripting support!
Accounts, recipes, expenses, inventory — life is full of things that we don’t want to forget or misplace. Tap Forms 5 helps you organize all kinds of things in one place — secure, searchable, and accessible on your Mac (iOS + Apple Watch app sold separately).
How can one app organize everything? Because not only can you use and customize the 33 built-in templates but you can create your own “forms” for inputting any kind of information, even if that information includes pictures, doodles, audio recordings, calculations, file attachments, ratings, or even links to other forms. This makes it almost like building your very own customized organization app.
+++ Mac Format Magazine (March, 2014) - comparing Tap Forms to other organizational programs:
"Tap Forms is the clear winner by a mile. The user interface is beautifully Mac-like, the structuring of data is similar enough to Bento that it offers only a shallow learning curve, it offers a direct import of Bento templates, and the iOS companion app is great."
• Capture your way: add a picture, type some text, attach a file — there are 25 different types of information that can be captured with Tap Forms.
• Organize your way: Create and design custom forms exactly how you want to for optimal organization. Get started with one of our ready-to-go form templates, or easily make a custom one from scratch with our integrated form building tools.
• Store confidential data with confidence: Tap Forms' security settings let you optionally require a password, and even auto-lock when idle for a custom period of time. Using AES encryption, you can rest easy knowing your data is safe and secure.
• Import, Export, Share: It’s easy to import your data from existing files, so getting started is a breeze. Import your data from text, CSV, Bento and more. Exporting allows you to share with Mac, Windows, and Linux users.
• Sync with Tap Forms for iOS and Mac using iCloud, IBM Cloudant, Nearby (WiFi), or with your own Apache CouchDB sync server.
• Layout designer for creating custom form layouts
• Advanced search rules with multi-field record filtering
• Lightning-fast search
• Share form templates with friends, family, and co-workers
• Import & Export standard text, CSV and XLSX files from Excel, Numbers, or other systems
• Print 24 different types of barcodes including ISBN, UPC, Code 39, QR code, EAN, and more!
• Label printing engine includes over 1,000 Avery® label templates
• Print record details
• List, multi-column, calendar, map, and photo grid views.
Store 25 different types of information, such as:
• Link to form (relational links between forms)
• Inverse relationships
• File Attachment with multi-file support
• Email address
• GPS location
• Date & time
• Web site address
• Check mark
• Audio notes (record on iOS, playback on Mac)
• Drawings (draw on iOS, view on Mac)
• Phone number
• Section headings
• Signature (capture on iOS, view on Mac)
Includes more than 33 built-in forms, including:
• Audio dictation
• Bank accounts
• Client call log
• Credit & debit cards
• Daily journal
• Frequent flyer numbers
• Health insurance
• Homework assignments
• Loyalty cards
• Personal health cards
• Security alarm codes
• Serial numbers
• Vehicle insurance
• Website accounts
• Wine collection
• Fixed a bug where copying a date field from the Multi-Column List View would not return the formatted date value. Instead it returned an internal format for the date.
• Added support for absolute row height for Table of records print layout instead of a row height multiplier.
• Fixed issue with changing column widths not saving on multi-column list view.
• Fixed bug with copy and paste of formatted decimal values on multi-column list view in non-English regions. If a region used anything other than the . for the decimal place, it would paste the wrong precision value into another column.
• Fixed issue with Numbers on Default Layout not showing red when negative when the Highlight Negative Numbers option was enabled for the field.
• Fixed bug with causing a Table field not to save its last entered value if you didn’t click outside the field before you edited a Note field in the parent form.
• You can now clear the contents of a Note field on the Multi-Column List View by pressing the delete key. Editing still requires opening the Note field edit window.
• Added the following APIs to the Scripting engine: Utils.addToCalendar(), Utils.addToReminders(), Utils.updateCalendarEvent(), and Utils.updateReminder().
• Exporting records to a CSV file now makes sure exported photos have a unique filename.
• Fixed issue with escaping commas and other special characters in values in a formula retrieved from a Script that returns Text.
• Added feature to enable or disable Apple Data Detectors on Note fields.
• Fixed crash exporting CSV file with photos where the photo has an invalid EXIF timestamp.
• Added the ability to call a Form Script from a tapformz URL.
If you enjoy using Tap Forms and have a couple of spare minutes, please leave a review. I really appreciate every review. Each one makes a huge difference to the success and continued development of Tap Forms. Thanks in advance! - Brendan