Dictionary.com: English Words
Download the number one free dictionary app with English language learning tools built for every level of learner.
With more than 2 million trusted definitions and synonyms, the Dictionary.com English dictionary and thesaurus app for iPhone is optimized with your mobile device in mind to help you learn English or improve your English vocabulary. It even works offline!
Install the offline dictionary for access to definitions and synonyms whenever and wherever you need them — no bulky books necessary.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this education app includes:
- Word of the Day – Learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary education
- Synonyms — Get thesaurus content alongside your dictionary definitions
- Audio pronunciations – Never mispronounce another word
- Voice search – Find the definitions you’re looking for anywhere, anytime
- Wordplay — Improve your vocabulary with fun quizzes
- Grammar help - Get grammar tips, word usage, and more
- Favorite words and search history - Customize your recently searched word list, and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
- English spelling help - Not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you.
- Learner’s dictionary - Includes extra information about word usage for English learners
- Optimized for Apple Watch!
Get even more from your app with our Upgrades:
- Example Sentences
- Idioms and Phrases
- Medical, Science, Rhyming Dictionaries
- Offline Dictionary + Remove ads
Or you can get all of this additional content and remove ads for one low price with our Pro App.
Crash, boom, and bang are all examples of onomatopoeia.
Good news! We’ve made some fixes so your app won’t crash. Now you can go look up the meaning of onomatopoeia, and tweet us what you find: @dictionarycom!