AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations with MathJax, and rendering LaTeX created with the computer version.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, certain changes like modifying note types need to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Please also note that while you can use almost any language on your cards, AnkiMobile's user interface is only available in English at the moment.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on multiple devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please let us know on our support site and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
- AnkiMobile now requires iOS 11 or later.
- Support dark mode on iOS 13.
- Improvements to the browse/find screen.
- Improvements to the edit screen.
- Support changing decks from the graphs screen.
- Support importing of downloaded .colpkg files.
- Support hitting enter on a numeric keypad to show answer.
- Warn when Safari can't be opened due to parental controls.
- If learning cards due later today, show the wait time in the finished screen.
- Added a new action to toggle the bottom bar from the study screen.
- Added an option to put scratchpad below the answer buttons.
- The V2 scheduler now fully randomizes review cards due on a given day.
- Fixed keyboard navigation in the editor on iOS 13.
- Fixed opening downloaded .apkg files on iOS 13.
- Fixed crash when cloze deletion is empty.
- Fixed some issues with the V2 scheduler.
- Fixed type answer area truncating text.
- Fixed crash when adjusting daily limits in custom study immediately after importing a deck.
- Fixed an issue updating the badge on the app icon.
- Fixed display of remote images.
- Fixed an occasional crash when switching away from the app while syncing was active.
- Fixed searches for flag:0.
- Fixed current deck changing when canceling creation of a filtered deck.
If you run into any issues with the update, please let us know on https://help.ankiweb.net
Finding AnkiMobile useful? If you have a moment to rate the app, it would be greatly appreciated.