Record, edit, and produce your audio with Sound Studio, an easy-to-use Mac app for recording and editing digital audio on your computer. Digitize tapes and vinyl records, record live performances, create your own mixes with crossfades, tweak the levels and EQ, apply digital effects, and save in all major file formats.
The Mac’s most popular audio program for many years, Sound Studio continues to be regularly updated to add new features and to take advantage of the newest Apple technologies.
With Sound Studio you can record professional-sounding podcasts and other audio dialog. Spoken word, speeches, presentations, music, and other audio can all be recorded and edited with the same high fidelity.
You can save in the following standard file formats:
• MPEG-4 AAC
• ADTS AAC
• Ogg Vorbis
• tab-delimited text
• Apple Lossless
You can apply the following effects and filters:
• Fade In, Fade Out, and Fade Special (with an envelope)
• Dynamics Compressor
• Dynamics Expander
• Noise Gate Expander
• Add Noise (or cowbell)
• DC Offset
• Invert Signal Polarity
• Swap Left and Right Channels
• Backwards/Reverse Audio
• Delay and Echo
• Pitch and Tempo
• 3-band, 10-band, and chart-based Graphic EQ
• High Pass
• Low Pass
+ Audio recording and playback on up to 2 channels.
+ Number of tracks limited only by processor and memory constraints.
+ AudioUnit plug-in hosting.
+ Uses 32-bit floating point PCM format internally.
+ Markers: automatically generate markers in silent gaps or in a grid.
+ Split by Markers: lets you split a long file into separate tracks.
+ Has FM synthesis, sine, triangle, square wave, and noise generators.
+ Snap to Zero Crossings.
+ Preserves BWF (Broadcast Wave Format) data in .WAV files.
+ Zoom in as close as sample level.
+ AppleScript and Automator support.
+ 64-bit Intel app binary.
Made in NYC.
How to select tracks/channels in Sound Studio 4.7.0 and later:
To select an individual track or set of tracks in Sound Studio, hold down the Command key and then click on the track(s) you'd like to select. By default, clicking once in the main waveform view automatically selects all tracks. Many users were previously unable to easily select and edit all tracks in Sound Studio, so we made this change to make this feature possible. You can read more about this feature in our user manual under Keyboard Shortcuts at http://felttip.com/ss/reference.html.
• Fixed audio playthrough slow-down bug.
• Changed peak-hold function in Input Levels window so that peak values don't get stuck.
• Text fields now work as a single line of text, to fix an issue where a return character would scroll the text out of view.
• Fixed a bug where the filter window would not go away after hitting OK.
• Fixed Pitch and Tempo filter latency issue where extra silence would be added after applying the filter. This bug fix also resolves latency issues with other filters.
• Fixed an AppleScript bug related to editing metadata and the save and undo functions.
• Updated the design of the Low Pass and High Pass filters.
• ID3 tag data is now preserved if the user doesn't make any changes to the file metadata.
• Added more verification checks when opening files in the WAV format.
• Minor updates to the layout to better accommodate supported languages.