BetterZip 2 is a powerful archive manager that makes working with archives really easy.
● Extract Only Files You Really Need: If you only need a few files or folders from a larger archive, you don't have to extract the whole thing. Simply drag the files you need from the BetterZip window to any Finder window or the desktop.
● Open Archives Without Extracting: Not only can BetterZip open archives without first extracting them but you can also search for a file using the iTunes-like interface. BetterZip can open and extract archives with the most common formats: ZIP, SIT, TAR, GZip, BZip2, RAR, 7-Zip, CPIO, ARJ, LZH/LHA, JAR, WAR, CAB, ISO, CHM, RPM, DEB, NSIS, BIN, HQX, DD.
● Create Archives: Simply drag files and folders from your hard drives, disks, or network places into your new zip file. You no longer have to copy all the files into a temporary folder first. The supported formats are ZIP, TAR, GZip and BZip2 compressed TAR, 7-ZIP, and RAR (using the external RAR commandline tool). Large archives can also be split.
● Protect Your Data: BetterZip can protect your data with a password and create WinZip® compatible AES-256 encrypted archives. 7-zip and rar archives can also be protected.
● Update Archives: Add new or updated files to existing archives. Remove any file or folder from an archive, or even move files around inside the archive as if it were a normal folder.
● Make Archives Compatible: Strip Mac specific files and resource forks from archives for best compatibility with other operating systems.
- ._ files were unnecessarily added when re-saving archives.
- Uncompressed tar now works correctly on OS X 10.9.
- The save panel didn’t honor specifically set filename extensions from the preset when “show save panel” was set.
- In some cases multiple radio buttons in the preset lists in the preferences could be switched on at the same time.
- On OS X 10.9 the main menu was always displayed in English, regardless of the system locale.