ibisPaint is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 30 million times in total as a series, which provides 142 brushes, over 2300 materials, over 990 fonts, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibisPaint are uploaded to our Youtube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibisPaint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- 142 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
- A screen tone feature with 46 tones including Dot, Noise, Horizontal, Vertical, Slash, Cross, and Square.
[Selection Area Features]
- 256 grades of selection for each pixel.
- Selection area inversion, moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Brushes strokes that respect selection area, Flood Fill function, layer duplication, layer catenation, layer moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Unlimited colors saved on the palette, or select any colors you want from the color wheel using HSB or RGB.
- Drag and drop to the color palette to save.
ibisPaint provides you with the “Prime Membership” (monthly payment) , which enables you to use fully fledged functions. The more people become a prime members, the faster we can develop our application. We would like to create more functions, so please consider becoming a prime member.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- No advertisements in screens except the Online Gallery
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
Thank you for using ibis Paint!
The summary of this update is as follows.
- Now you can save a Pressure Adjustment Graph specific for each digital stylus. The Pressure Adjustment Graph for a digital stylus is shown and editable when you select the stylus in the Settings window.
- Improved some texts shown in alert boxes, buttons, or other places of UI.
- Some improvements on UI layouts.
- Changed the name of the "Extract Drawing" filter to "Extract Line Drawing".
- Removed the "Tweet a notification to your twitter when published" button in the Preferences window.
- Now the Font list window automatically scrolls when the app inserts downloadable fonts so that the currently selected font keeps to be seen in the screen, except when you have already scrolled the window manually.
- Now the messages that appear when you are trying to use an unsupported tool for a layer (e.g., using the Brush tool for a Text layer) are shown for 2 seconds, while in older versions they were shown for 1 seconds.
- Added an item "3D Touch" to the Stylus List window (shown in the Settings window) on devices with 3D Touch. If you want to see and edit the Pressure Adjustment Graph for 3D Touch, first select the "3D Touch" in the Stylus List window.
- Improved the default setting of the Pressure Adjustment Graph for Wacom stylus. To use this setting, press the "Reset" button in "Pressure Sensitivity" of the Settings window while Wacom stylus is connected.
- Now a guidance message will be shown in the Pressure Adjustment Graph when you cannot use SonarPen (for example, the app does not have access to microphone) while you have selected it in the Settings window.
- Now a guidance message will be shown in the Pressure Adjustment Graph when the 3D touch is disabled in the iOS settings while you have selected it in the Settings window.
- Now the minimum size of a canvas is 1x1 on many devices. On some devices (iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPad (4th generation), iPhone 5s、iPad Air (1st generation), iPad mini 2、iPad mini 3) the minimum size is 9x9.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a bug where using both of screen tone and clipping in an artwork file leads to crash on some devices.
- Fixed a bug where the area of selected pixels by the Lasso tool is shifted by 0.5 pixels from the area you have specified actually.
- Fixed a bug that the app sometimes crashes in the Canvas screen when you closed a window which contains a browser.
- Fixed a bug of the Import from Photo Library feature where you can operate the Layer window after you have selected an image and are waiting for the Transform tool to launch.