Moneydance is a complete personal financial management application that includes features such as online banking, online bill payment, investment management, budget tracking, scheduled transactions, check printing, detailed graphs, reports and much more.
∞ HOME PAGE
This is an overview of your finances. The information shown includes account balances, upcoming and overdue transactions and reminders, and exchange rate information. Clicking on an account or choosing an account from the drop-down account list will take you to the register for that account, where you can enter transactions or reconcile the account against a statement. Clicking on a transaction reminder will display a window where you can automatically record the transaction.
∞ ONLINE BANKING
Moneydance can automatically download transactions and send payments online from hundreds of financial institutions. It learns how to categorize and clean up downloaded transactions. Send online payments, for banks that support them, directly from scheduled transaction notifications. View the full list of supported direct-download banks at http://moneydance.com/fi Please note that some banks charge a monthly fee for download and bill payment services.
∞ ACCOUNT REGISTERS
The account register is used to enter, edit, and delete transactions in an account. It is visually similar to a paper checkbook register, but the calculation of balances and sorting of transactions is all done automatically. The payee auto-complete feature makes it easier to enter and categorize your transactions.
Follow your investments and bring your portfolio into focus with support for stocks, bonds, CDs, mutual funds, and more. View the total value of your investment accounts or the performance of individual stocks and mutual funds over time. Stock splits and cost basis computations are a snap, and current prices can be downloaded automatically.
You can set up a payment schedule for single or recurring transactions so you'll never miss a payment.
Use the graphing tool to generate visual reports of your income and expenses. Set the graph type, the date range, and any specific settings for the type of graph you desire. Pop-up balloons display more information about the data being graphed as you move the mouse pointer over different regions of the screen. Graphs can also be printed or saved to PNG image files.
Set spending targets for categories per month, week or any other interval. View your up-to-the-minute budget status right in the toolbar, on the home page or in detailed graphs and reports. Use the highly acclaimed "envelope method" to specify expenses for each period and your to-the-minute status is shown with over-budget items highlighted. Moneydance will help you set a target and stick to it!
Enable file syncing to share or collaborate on a data file across multiple computers. Whether sharing with your partner or accountant, syncing your data will provide secure efficient access to your accounts from any computer.
∞ NATURAL LANGUAGE TRANSACTION ENTRY
Start typing a transaction description into the search field and Moneydance will intelligently fill in the details based on natural language date parsing and your history. For example, typing "1.23 sta" will display a transaction entry panel with the name Starbucks, category "Coffee", today’s date under the last account to have a transaction for Starbucks. The description, category and account are filled in based on your history.
Attach images, PDFs, and other such files to transactions by dragging the file into the register. Clicking an attachment thumbnail will open it in an appropriate application.
When you're on the go, you can use the Moneydance mobile app to enter or edit transactions and view balances. Changes are synced instantly and securely with your desktop. Available for free in the app store for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
As usual Moneydance has fantastic support for online banking & bill payment, credit card & bank account management, budgeting, investing, mobile app and computer-to-computer syncing, and much more. Moneydance 2017.8 brings further improvements including:
* Corrected buy/sell markers in security performance graph by adjusting for splits and removing markers for non-priced transactions
* Fixed bug in which min/max amounts in memorized Transaction Filter reports switched to the same value in both fields when re-edited
* Security detail transaction list now shows the cleared status from the parent transaction in the investment register
* Reliability and efficiency improvements (speed and RAM) for files with large currency and security price histories
* Updated Spanish translation
* Revamp of capital gains report calculations for securities with average cost
* Fix fog a bug which could use unnecessary disk space and RAM when security and currency price histories were updated
* Automatically check for and remove any orphan historical price entries when opening a file
* Add ability to include currency exchange rates in imported QIF files. In the !Prices section, put a caret (^) before the three digit currency ID and the 'price' will be interpreted as an exchange rate relative to the current file's base currency.
* Fixed bug with selection and editing of the 'other side' of transfer transactions
* Prevent unrecognised transaction sort settings from stopping the UI (especially in the reconciler window)
* Fix bugs related to re-editing transactions, adding attachments, and duplicating transactions from the register when the auto-create-new-transactions option is disabled
* Improvements and fixes to mouse click handling, especially when using Apple's Magic Mouse
* Fixed error when reading security prices during QIF imports
* Fixed bug in which the QIF Import 'Account Info Only' option didn't suppress import of all investment transactions
* Fixed bug which resulted in an error when attempting to install an unsigned extension
* Added certificates to support a few bank changes (including Wells Fargo and Aon Hewitt)