“iA Writer creates a clean, simple and distraction-free writing environment for when you really need to focus on your words.” ***** The New York Times
“iA Writer is an example of how powerful simplicity and accessibility can be.” ***** The Guardian
“iA Writer is all about textual production—writing this phrase, this sentence, this word at this moment.” ***** WIRED
4 x Best of App Store Winner
# The Simple Writing App
iA Writer removes distractions. Giving you a calm, focused, writing space, so you can express yourself clearly.
Focus Mode dims everything but the current sentence or paragraph, helping you stay in the flow.
Don’t worry about the format. First, write in plain text. Then preview in HTML.
Search, sort, and quickly swap between documents from different clouds.
When you tap and hold a key in the command keyboard, you’re given the chance to choose your own layout. Rearrange your keys, or pick new ones from the extensive list.
You can open documents and launch frequent actions in no time with the new Quick Search. It lives in the keyboard so it’s always close at hand.
iA Writer includes an inverted light-on-dark-mode, perfect for working day and night.
Spot superfluous adjectives, weak verbs, repetitive nouns, false conjunctions and clean your text of the usual rumble.
Customize your templates and export to WordPress or Medium, HTML, Microsoft Word (.docx), or PDF.
# 100% Text
Embed links, pictures, tables and text files in plain text and see them in preview.
# Get in Touch
- Visit ia.net/writer for more information
- Visit ia.net/writer/support for support and feedback
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
This update fixes a few small bugs. It includes all the great features in iA Writer 5.5:
# PDF Preview
- PDF preview makes it easy to prepare files for printing and export
- Automatically refreshes when shown
- Double tap to fit page or fit width
# Publishing Improvements
- Publish directly to self-hosted WordPress.org sites
- WordPress accounts can be configured to upload Markdown
- Micropub support for Micro.blog and other IndieWeb tools
- Add multiple accounts from each service
- Reorder and rename accounts
# Editing Improvements
- Surround text with two equals signs to ==highlight==
- Option Command = toggles highlighted text
- Option Command - toggles strikethrough
- Option Command ` toggles inline code
- Command Return to begin editing without touching the screen
# Other Improvements
- Added ability to show several text stats at the same time
- Character count without spaces
- Tap and hold back button to go to Library root
- Tap title in Library to rename the current folder, Smart Folder, or Library Location
- Improved trackpad support
- Preview keeps scroll position in sync with Editor
- Added A3 and A5 paper sizes
- KaTeX \gdef now works as expected
- Lists can begin immediately after a paragraph, an empty line between them is no longer required