“This iOS Camera App Brings Out the Pro in Amateurs”
“Lavish, tactile, respectful, illuminating, gorgeous.”
“Halide has the potential transform how you make photos with your phone.”
“This sort of maniacal attention to the smallest of details deserves to be celebrated.”
- Daring Fireball
Halide is a groundbreaking camera app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools, a UI designed from scratch for iPhone 8 and iPhone X featuring beautiful details, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide’s to change exposure and manual focus with a swipe. Halide’s professional tools include focus peaking, a detailed histogram, adaptive level grid, and RAW support (on certain phones*). Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs.
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface
- On iPhone X and later, a custom-designed UI that is completely usable with one hand
- Focus peaking* and powerful manual focus
- Full manual controls including shutter speed, ISO and white balance
- Live histogram for perfect exposure*
- Captures RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG for the best quality shots*
- Capture Depth on dual-camera iPhones*
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- Quick-review of your last few shots
- Intelligent automatic and manual mode
Focus peaking requires iPhone 5S or later (5S, 6, 6S, 7, 8, X, SE)
Histogram requires iPhone 6 or later. (6, 6S, 7, 8, X, SE)
RAW requires iPhone 6S or later. (6S, 7, 8, X, SE)
Depth Capture requires a dual-camera iPhone (iPhone 7 and 8 Plus, iPhone X)
In Halide 1.11.1, we've fixed an issue with Portrait Effects Matte and improved the AR viewer.
Halide 1.11 is a special update for iPhone XR. Now you you can apply portrait mode to pets and other objects! Just tap 'Depth' to turn on Depth Capture; a portrait blur effect will be applied after you take your photo. You can fine-tune portrait effects in the Photos app.
iPhone XR users also benefit from the Smart RAW feature we release for iPhone XS. When shooting with auto-exposure, we optimize RAW capture for the lowest noise and best dynamic range.
Tag your photos #HalideOnXR and we may feature them!
If you don't have an XR, you'll still benefit from the bug fixes and improvements we made along the way.
Thanks for using Halide, if you enjoy the app, please help us out by rating us on the App Store.