Meet the all-new Things! A complete rethinking of the original, award-winning task manager – with a perfect balance between simplicity and power, incredible new features, delightful interactions, and a timeless new design.
*** APPLE DESIGN AWARD WINNER 2017 ***
HERE’S HOW THINGS WORKS
If you’re new to Things, this is the basic workflow:
1. Collect Your Thoughts
Get things off your mind quickly: no matter what app you’re in, a keyboard shortcut instantly reveals Quick Entry. Type your thoughts and save them to the Inbox. Or just talk to Siri on any device (“Remind me to...”) and import from Reminders.
2. Get Organized
Create a project for each of your goals, then add the steps to reach them. For clarity, add structure with headings. Then group your projects by areas of responsibility, such as “Family”, “Work”, or “Health”. Review these regularly to stay on top of things.
3. Plan Your Time
See your calendar events alongside your to-dos and plan your time effectively. Create repeating to-dos for things you do every few days, weeks, or months – Things will remind you on the right day.
4. Make the Most of Your Day
Every morning, grab a coffee and prepare your list for “Today”: review previously planned to-dos and make quick decisions on what to tackle. Pick some more steps from your projects and then get going. The Today list is the only place you’ll need to look for the rest of the day.
5. Customize Your Workflow
Use tags to categorize your to-dos or add context. For example, tag places like “Office” or “Home”, or tag all your “Errands”, or everything you’re working on with “Kate”. You can easily find everything you’ve tagged via filtering or search.
HERE’S WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE THINGS
1. It stays out of your way.
As you start using Things, you’ll quickly notice how seamlessly all the features fit together to give you an uncluttered, focused experience. There are no unnecessary frills. No pointless gimmicks or useless controls. In fact, you’ll hardly notice the app – it’s just you and your to-dos.
2. Everything revolves around your to-dos.
In Things, each of your to-dos are special. In a list, they simply show a checkbox and the title of your to-do. But when you open them, they extend into a beautiful white piece of paper that’s ready to hold your thoughts. Additional details (checklists, tags, reminders, deadline) are nicely tucked away in the corner until you need them.
3. It’s got a touch of magic.
Things removes friction in magical ways. As an example, take Type Travel, a remarkable new way to navigate your lists. You just start typing where you want to go – the name of any project, area, or to-do – and instantly you’re transported there. Or look at the Natural Date Input – just type “Tom(orrow)”, “Sat(urday)”, “in fou(r days)”, “Au(gust 1)”., and it will jump to all the right conclusions.
4. It’s got all the power of macOS.
Things is fully integrated with all the latest macOS technologies: Touch Bar, Today Widget, Calendars, Siri & Reminders, Share Extension, Handoff, and AppleScript.
5. And much more...
Everyone’s got their favorite feature, it’s impossible to list them all. See what our users love about Things – visit our website at: thingsapp.com
This is a truly incredible update, with dozens of powerful new features. See the “What’s New” section below for a full list.
STAY PRODUCTIVE ON THE GO
Get Things for iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch and stay productive on the go (sold separately). The apps all stay updated via Things Cloud – the push sync service that we custom-built for Things.
If you have any questions, or run into any trouble – please contact us. We provide world-class, professional support for Things, and we’ll be glad to help you.
• Improved launch performance for users without Apple calendars/reminders integration enabled.
• Added Quick Entry with Autofill support for the beta version of the MS Edge web browser.
• Adjusted the date formats used in the When and Deadline fields of expanded to-dos.
• Fixed an issue where to-dos dragged into the Today list would always land at the top.
• Fixed some issues when running System Events scripts from Things’ scripts menu.
• Fixed an issue with pasting links copied from the Twitter app.
• Fixed an issue that caused a long checklist to scroll when clicked.
• Fixed an issue where a pasted rich-text URL would appear twice if the page’s title was also the same URL.
• Fixed an issue where selection could be lost while selecting a group via Shift+Up Arrow in a project.
• Fixed a crash caused by missing fonts on some Macs.
NEW IN 3.12
We’re excited to release Things 3.12 – a big update for our Watch app!
We’ve entirely rebuilt its foundation to allow it to sync and operate without your phone being nearby. We’ve also taken this opportunity to add some often-requested features to the app. For more information about this release, please visit our blog: thingsapp.com
There are no huge changes in this release for Mac, but there’s one great new feature you should know about:
• You can now edit the Tags or Deadlines of collapsed to-dos – even for multiple to-dos at once – by hitting Cmd+Shift+T or D. It’s super convenient :)
Other changes in this release:
• Added Quick Entry with Autofill support for the Microsoft Edge browser.
• Improved some edge cases when pasting content into lists.
• Fixed a crash that could occur in the Things Cloud setup dialog.
• Fixed the behavior of keystrokes (Return, Escape) for confirmation alerts with more than two buttons.
• Many smaller internal improvements.